This week’s guest is Skip Steward. Ron and Skip continued their conversation from Episode 269, diving deeper into scientific thinking, Toyota Kata, management systems, and more. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- A quote that inspires Skip (3:16)
- What the word “meta” means (8:57)
- What makes Toyota Kata and scientific thinking so powerful (12:17)
- About Get Better Jump Start (17:12)
- Understanding the current condition (22:58)
- How scientific thinking fosters idea generation (27:21)
- How their shepherding groups work (32:37)
- Why challenges have to mean something (38:53)
- About the Baptist Memorial review process (42:51)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- GA 269 | Establishing a Standard Behavior with Skip Steward
- Skip on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Is lean best described as a management system? Why or why not?